The Best Sex Swings:
The Ultimate Sex Swing Buyers Guide
Written by: Angela Watson | Updated: September 23rd, 2019
our top 3 picks for Sex swings
|View Latest Price →|
|View Latest Price →|
If the Kama Sutra is any indication, human beings like getting creative when it comes to sexual positions. Why stick to missionary for the sole purpose of procreation when you can spice things up a bit?
While we already do have a comprehensive article on sex furniture, one particular item on that list has enough going for it that it's worth it to explain all of the different options available and they're so great.
Of course, we're talking about sex swings. Also known as a sex sling, if you didn't already know. As great as the more solid sex furniture can be, those items can still get in the way and limit the total number of sexual positions possible. For some people, the road to perfect sexual health in their relationship needs as few barriers as possible. With the addition of a worthwhile sling or two in your life, that can happen without a whole lot of effort required.
Sex swings aren't just for men or women, they're meant to increase the intimacy and pleasure felt by both parties.
There's more than one type of sex swing on top of it all, so don't think you'll have to drill a hole into your roof just to get in on the fun (although that's totally still an option).
My Top Picks
|Purple Reigns Sex Swing||View Latest Price →|
|Sportsheets Door Jam Kit||View Latest Price →|
|Bondage Boutique Deluxe Swing||View Latest Price →|
|Fetish Fantasy Series Door Swing||View Latest Price →|
|Bondage Boutique Soft Over-The-Door Swing||View Latest Price →|
|Fetish Fantasy Series Spinning Sex Swing||View Latest Price →|
Lets go over
Purple Reigns Sex Swing (My Top Pick)
Now onto a fantasy swing/traditional swing cheekily named after Prince's hit single Purple Rain.
It comes with a pretty big hammock and each strap has a stirrup for good measure. What is most appealing to me about this swing is how much it can be customized. Each of the four support straps can be individually adjusted for the perfect individual fit. Some swings get the illustrious moniker of love swings, and if any of them deserve that title it's certainly this one.
Another plus for this swing is that it's much less gaudy than other swings explicitly made for bondage. The leather portions are covered in padded nylon and the purple straps make it a lot less overtly sexual in nature. If you happened to accidentally leave it out people might just assume you have strange tastes in TV viewing chairs.
This swing is rated to 140kg/308lbs, if you plan on using it as a fantasy swing make sure your ceiling/rafters can support the stress you're expecting to place them under. As a traditional swing, just hook the carabiner up to your stand and Bob's your uncle.
Sportsheets Door Jam Kit (The Runner-Up)
A door-mounted sex swing isn't exactly what comes to most people's minds when looking for a sex swing to call their own, but the Sportsheets Door Jam Kit is a reliable, inexpensive, and expertly designed way to easily get in some sex-swing related fun. For those who can't get a stand or mount for a proper swing, this is an excellent option.
Two barbells thread through the top of the door to form the harness and the heft of the user keeps them anchored in place during use. The Sportsheets door-mounted sex swing is hands down the most comfortable and well-padded door-style swing we've ever used. Threading your limbs through the extra harnesses is easy and it never feels as if you're "trapped" within. The handles to place your hands in are also put in a smart place and aren't too bulky while still providing lots of steadying power.
While there are a lot of sex positions that are out of the question with door-mounts, the pleasure of those that are available are turned up to 11/10 with this great release from Sportsheets.
Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Sex Swing
For those who want a functional fantasy swing that won't break the bank, this bad boy will have you saying Ooh La La!
It's one of the simpler full sex swings you'll ever see. It has a quasi-hammock design with two padded straps that support the torso and another two straps used to further steady yourself. The hook is pre-attached to the chain that comes complete with spring (fun!) which then connects to the metal support bar. There's a supplementary bar that goes across the angled bar to add further stability.
This design choice has allowed for a maximum weight of 300lbs, all you have to be sure of before going at it is that you have strong rafters that will support your choice in activities.
Fetish Fantasy Door Swing
We'll start out nice and simple with a door swing that doesn't have much to it. In fact, there's no hammock or platform to speak of there's simply four straps to work with: one for each limb. These straps are made from nylon with neoprene cushions, so there's no worry about losing blood flow while getting down to business.
It's fairly simple to set up, just thread the barbells through the top of the other side of the door that you plan on attaching the swing to, close the door, and there you have it. The straps are adjustable on top of it all and can support up to 300 pounds, fairly impressive for an inexpensive door swing.
While the position on the box is worth giving a shot, I find it's best used with the legs looped around the bottom up to the knee while facing the door. This allows for some interesting doggystyle type action as well as making oral a much more interesting time for everybody involved.
Bondage Boutique Soft Over-The-Door Swing
I know what you're thinking: another door mounted sex swing? What makes this one so special compared to the other two already on the list?
This door swing is one I recommend if you want to ensure that your legs are extremely well supported more than anything else. The straps that deal with where the legs go and where they will hold themselves in use are extremely simple to adjust and allow for a wide range of builds. Hand placement is possible with the added straps but not quite as expansively as the leg straps are.
It's also fairly easy to modify while in use, I don't recommend adjusting ANY straps whatsoever while it is supporting a fully-grown human but at least it isn't necessary to completely disembark and adjust the straps before continuing if things are just an inch or so off.
For those reasons, I just had to include this trickster.
Fetish Fantasy Series Spinning Sex Swing
This swing is a step up from the previous fantasy swing from Bondage Boutique. There's a full four stirrups and the whole unit itself is made to spin around a full 360 degrees. The rotating aspect of the harness is something that makes the entire process a lot easier for both men and women who want to get the most out of their sex life.
If creativity is your jam, this is the swing for you.
It's another option with two straps to make a quasi-hammock, the padding is soft enough to be comfortable but rigid enough for it to not feel like I'm about to slip right out. Some people might want to add extra padding to it through a towel or something similar, but individual tastes vary.
It'll support up to 350 pounds and has one of the widest range of motions out of any sex swings that I've personally tried.
Fetish Fantasy Position Master
This is a body sling that's a lot less intense than ones that suggest you use it while standing. I'm actually still unsure if this truly meets the definition of sex swing, but who's going to come get me if it isn't? No one, that's who.
It supports missionary sex for a much more cinematic overall experience. Instead of having to keep your core tensed up for the entirety of a session just to keep your legs in the air, let the swing do all of the work for you. Lots of women report discomfort with having to keep their legs up for extended periods of time during missionary, this sling makes the process a cinch.
There are leg cuffs and wrist cuffs that are completely adjustable to allow for a much more relaxed way to access the g-spot. It even comes with a blindfold, if you're into that sort of thing.
Liberator Doggy Rider
Sure, this isn't a fully-fledged, sex swing, it's more of a portion of one that can be used without any kind of installation necessary. I felt the need to include it because it can be a great way to move up to to a dedicated sex swing by first trying out some of the benefits of structurally-assisted sex.
Versatile sex is the best kind of sex, bar none. The Liberator Doggy Rider helps to support the lower torso during doggy style. A two-fold effect is observed: firstly, the partner who's bent over doesn't need to expend as much energy and can focus on the sex itself as well as the fact that more pleasurable positioning can be maintained for longer periods of time. How the back is arced has a major effect on ease & depth of penetration. Some people never truly get the hang of 10/10 doggystyle technique, so the Doggy Rider exists to help bridge that gap and allow for some stellar doggy.
My Recommended Stand For Your Sex Swing
If you end up settling on a traditional style swing or even a specialized model with a removable carabiner, you'll need a sex swing stand to suspend it from. Sometimes it's even worth it to get one for your fantasy swings if you don't have a suitable roof. So, I've went through the trouble of finding the perfect stand for me to recommend to my readers. This stand is the best mix of functionality, price, and of course safety.
Fetish Fantasy Swing Stand
This is a sex swing stand that is fairly middle of the road in price and will support up to 400 pounds. Included in the construction of the stand are various loops perfect for threading some straps through.
It's a pretty straightforward sex swing stand that is simple to set up, the only downside is how much space it takes up. Assembly tool is included, it takes about ten minutes to fully set up. Still, it's a pretty versatile piece of equipment and I absolutely recommend it to anyone who needs to get their first stand. They're also immediately compatible with any Fetish Fantasy swings right out of the box. Fetish Fantasy swings are often the first kind of swing someone will buy, so it's a great first choice in stand as well. After toying around with it you might end up upgrading to another swing, but this one should do you well while you learn the ropes (or straps, so to speak).
More Noteworthy Swings
Here's a great choice to take advantage of if having as many stirrups as humanly possible is what's important to you. Since it's a yoga swing, getting into crazy positions is the name of the game, and there isn't a silly markup because it's an "adult swing".
This sex swing actually has a fairly significant hammock to it, none of that two strap stuff you'll see a lot of when searching for a suitable sex swing. It's absolutely the best bang for you buck as far as I'm concerned. There's quite a few handles included which should make the experience at a lot less awkward for newbies.
Everything about this swing is completely customizable and it can support up to 600 lbs on top of it all! This particular swing is paired excellently with a dedicated sex swing stand as opposed to a ceiling mount.
When it comes to getting all Cirque Du Soleil in the bedroom, there's simply no other choice.
Sexbaby Adult Sex Swing
This swing will have to be suspended in a stand or from the roof, but it's probably one of the least expensive sex swings out there that still gets the job done. It costs less than a dinner with a single drink, that's for sure.
Another strap-hammock style swing, you'll notice quickly this swing comes in a playful-but-kinky white leopard style padding. Unfortunately the weight limit isn't specified for this product, but I'm around 140 pounds and it holds me comfortably. I'd assume it's something in the range of 300 lbs, but for safety I'd round down towards more 250 lbs.
It's comfortable enough to use with excellent placement of padding but doesn't come with any mounting hooks if that's something that matters to you.
Adult Sex Swing Sling
I've included this item last because while it is useful, you'll have to bring all of your own mounting equipment to the party. That means you supply all of the chains used to mount this item, as well as the stand/roof hook.
It's essentially just a platform and two stirrups that you then mount inside of your home. The platform is made out of fairly firm leather, so it's a good choice for people who want more support than what a hammock can provide.
As far as weight rating goes, it's entirely dependent on what kind of material you use to mount it, I'd suggest going straight to chain instead of trusting some sort of fabric you found yourself to support your entire body. The leather itself is rated to 280 lbs, though.
At 44'' long and 30'' wide, it should make for a comfortable ride.
What Makes These Swings Special?
Unlike the swing at your local park, sex swings are a completely different beast entirely. They are fairly simple pieces of equipment typically made from polyester, nylon, foam, or even leather. Once a swing is in place, it allows one partner to set themselves up inside while the other remains standing and at the ready.
A couple might want a sex swing to expand their repertoire of available sexual positions or to enable much more dynamic and fluid movements of the body during sex. The torso, legs, and arms can all be effectively stabilized in the different portions of the swing which opens the doors to hundreds of new sexual possibilities. It also isn't out of the question for sex swings to be used by those with impaired mobility so they can get more enjoyment from their sex life. That's right, these toys can technically be thought of as health products.
While these might seem at first glance like solely for those dedicated to hedonistic BDSM play, they're actually fairly vanilla in the grand scheme of things, most people could think of a few different ways to make use of a sex swing without their partner thinking they've gone off the deep end.
The Different Parts Of A Sex Swing
There isn't much to a sex swing at the end of the day, they're comprised of two main components: a place to sit and a place to support the rest of your body.
- Hammock: A hammock style sex swing has a flexible portion where the majority of the body's weight will go. A hammock will contour around the user comfortably and allow for a wide range of movement with regards to positioning yourself within the swing, allowing for curvature of the back.
- Platform: Platform style sex swings have a much more rigid body area. The back will be much straighter in a platform style sex swing compared to a hammock style.
- Straps/Stirrups: These can be absent or present on either platform or hammock style sex swings and function as a way to support the limbs as well as evenly distribute the weight of whoever is in the swing much more evenly. The more straps, the better in my opinion, but carefully consider just how many you think you'd like so you don't have extras getting in the way.
Main Types Of Sex Swings
There are four primary styles of sex swings, each with their own pros and cons.
- Fantasy Swings are the stereotypical sex swing suspended from either a stand or a hook in the ceiling.
- Body Swings are essentially harnesses worn by one partner that the other partner can "slip" into. Sometimes they also go by the name of a sling. The other partner is supported by the straps on the swing and the strength of the dominant partner, so they aren't necessarily for everybody.
- Door Swings use two bars to secure itself to a closed door and come with straps and loops to secure yourself. These are the most accessible sex swings as they require the least amount of specialized preparation and typically cost the least amount of money. The caveat of course is that these swings are not as versatile as say, a fantasy swing.
- Traditional Swings are your average swing with a hammock/platform and stirrups that are suspended from a stand (sold separately!)
How To Choose The Right Product
So maybe you're considering picking up a sex swing, but you aren't quite sure how to sift through the hundreds of options and settle on one that'll work best for you. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to eliminate many swings from your list very quickly.
- Choose the style of sex swing you want based on your available room and how much set-up you're willing to go through. A traditional sex swing will require the purchase of a stand, a body swing means you'll have to engage your core and have the energy to hold up your partner for the duration of the experience, a door swing just needs a door that can be closed, while a fantasy swing will require drilling a hole into your ceiling to suspend a hook from.
- Have clean-up in mind when shopping for a swing. Swings made out of certain materials might seem appealing before you have to figure out how you'll get it clean for the sex time, at which point you'll be a tad frustrated.
- Look for the weight rating on your particular swing. Some sex swings aren't very significant and can't support everybody, while some can support just about any human being in existence.
- Consider how comfortable the swing will be in use. Try to visualize the swing set up in your home and figure out if there is enough to the swing that would allow you to comfortably place your legs and arms somewhere. On top of it all, consider the size of the hammock/platform to figure out whether or not it'll be easy to stay in the swing for extended periods of time.
- Shop around! These are pieces of fabric conveniently pieced together to help you go at it, there's unfortunately a huge variance in price since many retailers mark them up to make up for losses in other parts of their store. A yoga swing is often the same piece of equipment at a lower price, although some lack sex-specific features. Don't be fooled by flashy sales signs or "X% off" as this is a common marketing ploy.
Want to learn how to install and how to use your sex swing? The link in the previous sentence has all of the information you'll need to get started!
There you have it, that's all you'll really need to get started with sex swings. I could have included some sex positions in this list ,but I'd prefer you be as creative as possible and not be shoehorned into sticking to the same four basic sex swing positions that every website recommends.
If you make the right purchase, you won't have to worry about safety or discomfort, besides maybe a little bit of neck strain from wanting to get a better look at the action. These types of adult accessories are the epitome of spicing up your relationship, and even the most vanilla of individuals can see the obvious benefits. So, best of luck and may you enjoy some sex in zero G.
- MyFreeCams Review: Does This Site Make Cams Worth It? - November 15, 2020
- Hismith Premium Sex Machine Review - April 11, 2020
- How To Have An Anal Orgasm - March 7, 2020
- Best Sex Chairs, Sofas & Couches - March 2, 2020
- Velvet Thruster (Jackie) Review: A Dildo Machine That Really F*cks - March 2, 2020
- Cheap Sex Toys For Men & Woman - March 2, 2020
- Ball Gag Buyers Guide: The Best BDSM Ball Gags Available - February 7, 2020
- 15 Pieces Of BDSM Furniture That Your Sex Dungeon Setup Needs - January 9, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide To Pussy Pumps & The Best Options Available - December 6, 2019
- Lelo Noa Review - December 4, 2019