The Climax Awards
Welcome to the Climax Awards, hosted by DoctorClimax.
The reason we created The Climax Awards is to honor everybody that makes the sex toy industry possible!
Countless people work behind the scenes day in and day out to make the sex toy business what it is. This includes the sex toy companies and retailers that make it all possible, as well as the sex bloggers that take the time to test the products out in the name of educating the average consumer on what to buy and more importantly, what NOT to buy.
We're big supporters of removing the stigma surrounding sex toys, so we've decided to open up a contest where the most diligent can receive the recognition they deserve! Not only that, each individual sex blogger tends to focus on specific aspects of sex that are specific to certain gender identities or sexual orientations, so making a full list where people can find someone perfect for their needs is a secondary reason for this contest.
The voting for The 2020 Climax Awards will begin on: July 20th, 2020
Voting will be closed on: September 15th, 2020
The results will be posted on: September 30th, 2020
The 2 main categories are:
The Best Sex Toy Companies
The Best Sex Bloggers
We will be sharing the results for each category in two separate posts on our homepage on: September 30th, 2020
- The Best Sex Toy Companies of 2020
- The Best Sex Blogs of 2020
Here are the rules:
- Only one entry for each category (please keep it fair everyone)
- Websites/manufacturers with under three recommendations will be included/excluded solely at our discretion. This isn't a platform to publicize yourself but those who have something worth being proud will be receiving the recognition their work deserves.
- Websites that are found trying to tip toe around any of these rules will be disqualified.
- Votes shared on Twitter with the hashtag #climaxawards & with a link to this post will be considered more highly than votes through the website as the votes there are much less likely to be spammy/disingenuous.
- Any websites that link back to this post will receive preferential treatment, our goal is for this entire list to be easy to find in its entirety.
- The total amount of votes any particular company or blog receives is not the deciding factor on whether you will be considered & included in our list in some way, shape, or form. After a certain threshold all of their online presence will be picked apart & carefully dissected before we make our decision.
- If you really want your favorite company to win, write an impactful message below telling me why. (I'll be reading all submissions) It isn't easy to find personal anecdotes of this type on the internet, so any mentions of good customer service or excellent design are more than welcome.
Here's how to enter:
- Enter your name, an email we can reach you at, as well as a brief message explaining who you'd like to nominate. If you'd like to nominate a company as well as an individual, simply pick either option in the category selection and mention your vote for each category in the comment space.
How the winners will be decided:
- I'll be reading every single submission (I know, lucky me).
- I'll be browsing every single website submitted that meets all the rules/requirements below.
Here's a brief summary of how the final rankings will be tallied for each category:
The Best Toy Companies
- Does the company only use safe sex toy materials?
- Is the company spending money innovating and creating new toys? Is there any substance to what makes them special?
- Are the pricing structures of these companies fair?
- Are the actions of the company a net positive to the interests of sexual wellness?
Website Design/User Experience:
- Is the design visually appealing for the user?
- Is the website easy to navigate?
- Does the website look like it was designed by a professional or does it look like it was made back in 2003?
The Best Sex Blogs
- Is the website design up to par with the rest of the blogs on the internet?
- Is there a good balance between promotional content and new, first hand opinions/information? Does the content seem plausible at bare minimum?
- Is there a noticeable bias in some/all of their reviews?
- How in-depth is the toy covered? Are practical concerns addressed beyond what it says on the box?
- Does the content try to give the reader access to the whole story or only part of it to make an item seem appealing?
- How personable & real a blogger is in how they interface with readers in comments/on social media factors in to how positively a blog is scored.
Social Media Presence:
- Is there an easy way to stay up to date on their content?